Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sunday Sept. 6--from Edinburgh to Dublin

on the plane, leaving Aberdeen

Scottish countryside from train

Scottish countryside from train

Scottish countryside from train

Scottish train view from train

Today was a rough day, to be honest. My flight left from Aberdeen at 2:30, which meant that I had to leave Edinburgh by about 9--the train ride had taken 2 and a half hours and the shuttle from the train station to the airport would take half an hour, and then I would be about 2 and a half hours early for my flight (and a I figured I would have to wait for the shuttle, too).

So I got on the train to Aberdeen a little early, no problems. 2 and a half hours later, around 11, I'm there, but they tell me I have to get a connecting train to my last stop, and that doesn't leave until 1 (apparently on Sundays trains leave only every two hours)...that would mean I wouldn't be to the airport until 1:50 at the earliest, which is when the gate closed. So they told me to go to the bus station, which should run more often. I made my way there, having asked several people where it is because it is conveniently hidden behind a GIANT hotel. Found a bus, which I had to wait about 45 minutes for, and I ended up getting to the airport a little more than an hour before it left. Little stressful.

I got back to Dublin, checked in at my hostel, and went out for dinner and some pints. I tried to go to bed early, but it seems that directly under my bedroom window is a spot that makes people want to shout once they walk through it, and people coming into the room kept turning on the lights.

But ah well, Prague tomorrow and it'll seem much more delightful in comparison.



No comments:

Post a Comment