Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sunday the 30th--flying from Dublin to Cork

At An Brog with friends

Church near Kinlay Hostel, Cork

View from the bridge over River Lee in Cork

Picture from An Brog in Cork

Just a building/sculpture I happened to come by while exploring in Dublin (yesterday)

St. Patrick's Cathedral (I saw this Saturday, but thought I should include some photos)

Sorry I haven't posted updates or pictures for a few days, but I was trying to figure out how to change the AC voltage for my computer charger so I could use it..turns out I don't need an adapter, but I just need converter plugs (which I got before I left, so it turns out I could have used it the whole time!)

Today was pretty uneventful. I checked out of the hostel in Dublin early in the morning and had about five hours to kill before I had to leave for my flight. First I went to a nearby memorial (I'm not quite sure what it was called, but it was beautiful.) Then I walked to a museum near the hostel, where the strap for my shoulder bag promptly broke, so I had to leave and get a new bag--it was heavy, so I went right away. After this I caught a bus to the airport and flew from Dublin to Cork.

As soon as I drove into Cork, I loved it. This city has much more of an authentically Irish feeling to it--to be honest, Dublin reminded me of Boston quite a bit. I checked into the hostel, started talking to some new people, and Maria and I met Lea and Michael and another friend that I originally met in Dublin at a pub in town called An Brog.

After a few pints, Maria and I went back to the hostel to sleep. It was a pretty uneventful day, but still delightful.



No comments:

Post a Comment