Friday, February 12, 2016

Anuban's Chinese New Year (2016)

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted more about Yangon yet, but I have a good reason for that! Monday marked the Chinese New Year, and there have been fun things happening for the past week. Chinese New Year follows the lunar calendar rather than the solar calendar, so it usually falls about a month or two after December 31st. 2016 is the Year of the Monkey, which is characterized by 

On Monday, our school had its own little parade. My school is massive -- there are close to 350 kids in each grade from K1, K2, and 1-6. That means we have over 2,500 children at our school! So when I say we had a little parade, I mean it was kind of a big deal. All of the students were decked out in elaborate costumes and makeup, and of course they had all necessary props like a lion costume and the dragon that always serves as the highlight of the holiday.

So this week I've been busy attempting to learn how to edit together short video clips I took of the event. It turned out better than I expected, so I felt that I simply had to share. The video is below, but if for some reason it does not work, check it out on YouTube!


No comments:

Post a Comment