Monday, May 4, 2015

Sunnin' on Samui

Hey everyone! So I realize that I have many, many blogs to catch up on, and I'll do my best to write about the places I've been traveling to within the past few months. I'm sad to think that my vacation is almost at an end, but I am absolutely ready to be settled in one place for a bit rather than traipsing around with my backpack every day. I flew back to Thailand from Indonesia on Sunday, so I'm back at my (expat) home base!

Where I am now, Koh Samui!
My way home was quite long. I was on the island of Karimunjawa with my friend Terceira, who works for the Peace Corps. First I had to take the ferry back to the mainland, then a three-hour bus ride to a different city, then a train to Jakarta, then a flight to Bangkok, then a bus to the other airport in Bangkok, then another flight to Koh Samui. We started Saturday morning and I arrived in Thailand on Sunday night, and I am glad to be back home now! The journey was well worth it, but that's a post for a different day!

So, when I came back I immediately went to Koh Samui, one of the beautiful islands located on the eastern side of Thailand. I have just been trying to relax and do some schoolwork, but I have also taken some pretty breathtaking pictures of the island. Have a look!


View from across the street from my hostel, 2W Beach Hostel.










This is a mini golf place!











Tomorrow, I'm off on a ferry to Koh Tao so that I can get my Open Water SCUBA license with Roctopus Dive. I'm super excited to be doing this, and if you hear of a tourist getting eaten by a shark off of Koh Tao, it's probably me (because I am super lucky). Just kidding, I've been assured that it's really safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment