Saturday, January 24, 2015

Photo of the Week 2: NYC


For my photo of the week, here is a gem for my trip to New York City in spring 2014. I took this when we were on the Staten Island Ferry, which swings past the Statue of Liberty (if you look closely, you can see it). The pretty lady behind me is Libby, one of my favorite people in the world that I met while living and working in South Korea. Behind her is one of her friends, Anika. She is also a super cool lady. Not pictured is another friend from Korea, Dolores.

I can't exactly explain why, but this picture is one of my favorites! It helps to show the spirit of our friendship--fun, spontaneous, and a bity dorky (sorry not sorry Libby)! I don't typically travel with other people, so this vacation was extra fun to me. I was able to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time, and I was able to finally visit NYC for the first time. There was a lot of magic wrapped up in this trip, and I'm so happy that everything actually worked out. Here are a few more pictures from some of the highlights of the vacation:

From left to right: me, Libby, Anika, and Dolores.

Lady Liberty.

An awesome picture of the skyline. Love this picture!

View from the rooftop of our hostel.

The Empire State Building!

I was able to see my favorite painting in the entire world, Starry Night by Van Gogh!

No comments:

Post a Comment