Sunday, February 22, 2015

Photo of the Week 6: Chinese New Year in Nakhon Sawan

Matt, Ruth, Nici, Jay, Craig and myself.
So,  I was in a parade this week for Chinese New Year. There have been small parades every day for the past week, and our school, Anuban, was featured on Wednesday. The above picture was taken at the end, and I think it's a lovely team photo--I especially love the festive lanterns in the background! A group of six foreigners marching in the parade was just as much of an attraction as the fiery dragon and dancing ladies. There were stares, and gasps, and photos galore--Nakhon Sawan is a small city, so people are not very used to seeing foreigners around. The parade was a huge photo opportunity, so I posed for many, many pictures with complete strangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment